How to Get Taller Naturally: The Real Science Behind Increasing Your Height. To support our channel and level up your health, check out:
Our Fast Weight Loss Course: http://thehealthnerds.com/the-science-of-fast-weight-loss-course
Our Better Health Basics Course: http://thehealthnerds.com/food-health-happiness
Today we’re going to be talking about how to get taller naturally and what the science says about increasing your height.
Let’s get into it by starting with some myths about height growth as there are quite a few
• Jumping rope
• Drinking tons of milk
• Playing certain sports like basketball or swimming
• Hanging upside down from the ceiling like Spiderman.
• Doing yoga or certain types of exercise
• Putting salt in your shoes
All of these things are NOT going to make you taller and things like caffeine, diet coke, and weight lifting will not stunt your growth.
These are all complete myths and have the same scientific credibility of bigfoot.
So, can I actually get taller naturally after puberty?
Natural growth usually stops between ages 18-25 when your bones ossify and your epiphyseal plates seal off.
Once those plates are sealed, 90% of potential growth is done.
What factors effect growth?
Roughly 60-80% of your height is determined by genetics while the other 20%-40% is determined by nutrition and hormone secretion.
Here are 5 Important Factors for Naturally Height Growth and Maximizing Your Current Height
1. Eat a lot of calories, including protein.
After the world war II, Japan added in a lot more fish protein and calories into their natural diets and because of this, saw the average height of the country increase by 3 inches.
Countries like Denmark have also shown that the height of the country increases as it’s wealth and consumption of calories grows.
So eat lots of whole natural foods especially during those early years for more growth.
Especially during the hours of 10pm-2am because those are the most important hours for height hormone secretion.
Both human growth hormones and testosterone play vital roles in the height and they have massive spikes during that time of rest.
So if you’re a young person, those late nights on the hotline bling are not cutting it if you want to be tall.
3. Get lots of vitamin D
Go out in the sun and get up your natural vitamin D because this hormone also plays a major role on testosterone secretion.
On the days you’re not out in the sun you can supplement with vitamin D3.
4. Don’t consume crap
While factors improving height is still hotly debated, it is well known that certain foods and substances do stunt one’s potential growth.
Sodas contain phosphorous which has been shown to lower bone density.
Soy products like tofu and soy sauce contain phytic acid which can reduce the absorption of calcium.
Children who too much sugar tend to be shorter than their peers.
Finally smoking doesn’t seem to help either as it’s been documented to stunt the growth of teenage boys.
If you just focus on consuming lots of dark leafy greens, fresh fruits, whole proteins, healthy fats and having the occasional treat, you will be fine!
5. Improve posture
This is something you can do at any age that will improve your height.
Just stand with your butt, shoulders, and back of you head against a wall for 20 minutes a day. This is the correct posture for your spine and may feel a little weird the first time you do it.
This process alone can add 2 or so inches to your height depending on how much slouching you do.
Also, consider doing some Yoga and stretch out those hip flexors that get weakened from sitting all day!
Closing thought nerd family:
What’s much more noticeable than one’s height is how one carry’s themselves.
There are plenty of tall people who appear short and shorter people who appear tall based on their confidence, presence, and overall energy.
While there’s not much one can do to improve their height, how you feel, look and love yourself is completely in your control.
It may not make you any taller, but it can help you shed excess weight, feel better about yourself, and start to love the way you look.
#1. Don’t fall for myths or common ploys
#2. Consume plenty of calories and healthy proteins
#3. Sleep lots
#4. Get in vitamin D daily
#5. Don’t consume crap
#6. Stand tall nerds!
Tags: How to Get Taller Naturally: The Real Science Behind Increasing Your Height, how to get taller naturally, how to grow taller naturally, how to get taller naturally and fast, how to get taller naturally for kids, is there anyway to get taller naturally, how to naturally get taller, how to grow taller at 14, how to grow taller after 20, how to grow taller at 16, how to get taller naturally for teenagers, the health nerd, health nerd, science, how to get taller, grow taller, how to grow taller, how to increase your height, how to increase height